Like our Facebook page to receive the latest news and updates from Gate Farm
We have made changes to the CL to increase social distancing and hygiene - please read here.
Please download our map and directions showing recommended routes for towing and motorhomes (A4 PDF). This includes more detailed directions than those in the CAMC handbook and website.
IMPORTANT - DO NOT FOLLOW SAT-NAV when approaching from the north or west, as you may be directed to very narrow single-track lanes with low trees and no passing places.
See also: Recommended Routes to and from NEC.
Susie Hammett and members of her family live on site and will be pleased to help you with anything you need. Please let us know of anything we can do to improve your stay.
Caravan and Motorhome Club members are welcome all year round and all types of outfit can be accommodated - caravans, motorhomes (up to 8.5m), campervans and trailer tents.
Gate Farm is a working farm, so please be aware of machinery, children and animals and drive at walking pace once you enter the farm drive.
Children must be supervised at all times and dogs must be kept on a lead, including while on the CL.
For your safety, do not enter the farm buildings and do not approach or feed the animals. Speed limit is 5 mph (walking speed) at all times.
4G Mobile and Freeview television reception are both good on the site.
Being close to Birmingham Airport, planes pass intermittently, but at other times the site is peaceful.
- Footpaths and Dog Walks Map (PDF)
- Local Cycle Routes (PDF)
- Recommended routes to and from NEC avoiding M42 and A45 (PDF)
Read the full terms and conditions here (PDF)
- The site is open all year
- Fully serviced hard standings have EHU, individual drinking water and grey (washing) water disposal point
- Free WiFi internet connection available (log in is required)
- Hardstandings have adjoining grass suitable for normal awnings. Impervious groundsheets and carpets are not permitted.
- Large grass area available for trailer tents and outfits with larger awnings (not available in winter months).
- Pitch fee is currently £20 per night, single night supplement £2
A non-refundable deposit equal to a single night stay is required on booking to secure your dates. For full details see our terms for cancellations and amendments.
Full payment is due 4 weeks before your arrival date, unless the booking includes peak demand weeks, for which we require full payment when we confirm your booking. This applies to NEC Caravan Shows, Crufts and multiple pitch bookings.
- Bank Holiday Weekends - minimum booking is for 3 nights.
- Electric hook-up is included up to 12 units (KWh) per night booked, and use of electricity is strictly subject to fair use for internal caravan purposes only. This means we do not allow electric heating in awnings, any other electric appliances outside the caravan or motorhome, or the charging of electric motor vehicles. We reserve the right to disconnect electricity if you fail to abide by these terms.
Any additional electricity (KWh) used by the end of your stay is separately charged at the cost to us, in line with Ofgem requirements, and is payable on your departure - how is this calculated?. We advise you to read the meter on your pitch both on arrival and departure, and make a note of these readings for reference.
- Arrival after and departure before 12 noon, except by prior arrangement.
- You will need to use your own toilet and shower facilities.
Please also note the following:
- Advance booking is required - please visit our booking page. In case of difficulty you can also telephone 01676 532187 or email (see address at foot of page).
- Acceptance of Terms - by placing your request to book you are also confirming that you have read and accept all terms and conditions described on this page. Read our full terms and conditions document.
- Payment and cancellation terms can be found on our book now page.
- Pitches each accommodate a caravan or a motorhome plus one car. Please park your car on the hardstanding alongside your caravan and avoid obstructing the roadway to other pitches.
- Additional cars are by prior arrangement only, are subject to an additional fee of £3 per night and must only be parked in the car park outside the CL.
- No visitors to members on the CL to protect other members and residents who may be vulnerable. Please arrange to meet up elsewhere.
- Long outfits: the maximum length Motorhome we can accept is 8.5 metres, due to manouvering space on the CL.
- Dogs - up to two per pitch - must be kept on a lead at all times on the farm, including on the CL. Additional dogs are only considered by prior agreement with us. Dog enclosures must only be positioned on the hardstanding, not on the grass.
- Security: the main entrance to the farm is secured at night by automatic gates, which are operated by a smart fob after 7pm. Please remember to take the fob with you even if you go out without your car in the evening. Please return the fob at the end of your stay in the box provided by the main entrance gate.
- Farm safety children and animals are frequently on the farm drive to the CL and a strict 5 mph (walking speed) limit is in force at all times. Please observe warning notices around the farm and keep to the drive when going out for walks.
Buses on service 87A from the CL entrance now run peak hours, Monday to Friday only (2 morning and 2 afternoon in each direction) to Balsall Common and Coventry and to Knowle and Solihull (for trains to Birmingham, Warwick and Stratford-upon-Avon) - see timetables & fares. The bus will stop on request by giving a clear arm signal to the driver. On return, request to be set down at Gate Farm between Fen End and Temple Balsall.
In addition an hourly service on routes 88 and 88A from Fen End Cross Roads (Oldwych Lane East - 1¼ miles) serves Balsall Common, Knowle and Solihull.
Trains from Berkswell (3 miles, free parking) take you to the N.E.C., Birmingham, and Coventry. May save money and time to get to NEC events which have a car park charge. Station car park has height barrier but there is also on-street parking in Hallmeadow Road, off the roundabout (less than 5 mins walk).
Dorridge Station (4 miles, parking charge) also serves Warwick and Stratford-upon-Avon. There are two car parks, one to the left of the station and the Chiltern Railways one - turn immediately right under the railway bridge on Station Road.
- Crown Cars 0121 711 1111
- Reynolds Cars 07871 497865 email:email@example.com
- CV Cars 01675 446161
- TC Cars 0121 770 2000
Balsall Common: Shell (2m) CV7 7DN 01676 530 260
Balsall Common: Sainsburys (3m) CV7 7EU 01676 514 700
Knowle (2.5m): Knowle Filling Station (Esso) B93 0JD 01564 770 910
Countrywide/Flogas: Gibbs Brothers (1.5m): Fen End CV8 1PY 01676 533 396
Knowle (2.5m): Knowle Filling Station (Esso) B93 0JD 01564 770 910
Knowle Wyndley Garden Centre (3m): B93 0DX 01564 777 106
There are machines in both Balsall Common (2.5m) and Knowle (3m).
Mobile servicing and repairs
Brents Mobile Caravan Services 07985 657 246
Top2Bottom Mobile Servicing (Gary Morris) 07542 589 685
Gate Farm: 01676 532187 - or mobile 07812 150 732
Accident and Emergency:
- Solihull Hospital (6m - NOT Children) B91 2JL 0121 424 2000 and ask for Solihull A&E
- Warwick Hospital (10m) CV34 5BW 01926 495321
Doctors: Balsall Common & Meriden Group Practice (3m) CV7 7RW 01676 935000
- Balsall Common Pharmacy (2.5m) CV7 7FD 01676 532927 (Mon-Fri 8am to 8pm , Sat 9am to 6pm, Sun 10am to 4pm)
- Lloyds Pharmacy Balsall Common (3m) CV7 7RW 01676 532209 (9am to 6pm Mon-Fri, 1pm Sat)
- Windridge Pharmacy Knowle (2.5m) B93 0LN 01564 772 150 (9am to 6pm Mon-Fri, 3pm Sat)
- Balsall Common Dental Care (3m) CV7 7RW 01676 536 888
- Grove Road Dental Clinic, Solihull (6m) B91 2AQ 0121 704 3211 (out-of-hours 111)
- Balsall Common Vets (2m) CV7 7ER 01676 530792
- 608 Group Veterinary Practice Solihull (6m) B93 9BL 0121 705 3044 &
Bentley Heath (4m) B91 1AA 01564 774 246