Things to do
follow the links below for further information or see our Local Information sheet (PDF) for postcodes and telephone numbers.
Local Pubs and Places to Eat
view on map
- Balsall Common (1.5m): The Old Saracen’s Head,
Oakes Farm Shop and Cafe
- Balsall Common (2m): Bengal Brasserie, Tamarinds, Haigs Hotel and McKee’s Brasserie, The White Horse, Balsall Fish Bar,
- Balsall Common (3m): The Brickmakers Arms, The Railway Inn, George in the Tree
- Meer End (2m) Tipperary Inn
- Heronfield (2.5m) The Kings Arms
- Chadwick End (3m, 2m walk): The Orange Tree
- Knowle (3m): The Black Boy, The Red Lion*, Wilsons Arms, The Vaults
and see also Restaurants in Knowle (TripAdvisor)
- Barston (3.5m, 2m walk): The Bull’s Head
- Haseley Knob (4m): The Case is Altered tap room cask ales
- Berkswell (5m): The Bear Inn
- Kenilworth (6m): see Restaurants in Kenilworth (TripAdvisor)
Local Food Shopping
view on map
- Balsall Common (1.5m): Oakes Farm Shop and Cafe
- Balsall Common (2m): Co-op, Tesco Metro, Sainsburys Local (3m)
- Knowle (3m): Tesco Metro
- Dorridge (4m): Sainsbury’s
- Kenilworth (6m): Waitrose, Sainsbury’s, Crustum Artisan Bakery
- Solihull (6m): Morrisons, Waitrose, Sainsbury’s
- Footpaths and Dog Walks from Gate Farm CL Map (PDF)
- Heart of England Way long distance path runs adjacent to the site. A pleasant stroll to The Orange Tree (2m) in one direction and The Saracens Head (1.5m) in the other.
- A good selection of local walks are available here - Balsall Common South circular walk (PDF) passes gate farm and Temple Balsall and Barston walk (PDF) starts just ¾ mile away across the fields.
- Grand Union Canal Walk is accessible at Knowle Locks (2.5m), south towards Warwick or north towards Birmingham.
- Cycle Solihull local route maps. Routes S2 (Knowle, Barston and Temple Balsall) and M8 (Balsall Common, Beausale and Wroxall) pass Gate Farm (pdf). Route M2 (Knowle to Lowsonford & Packwood, includes NT properties Packwood House and Baddesley Clinton).
- Local Cycle Routes (S2 + M2) on two pages, showing where they connect.
- West Midlands Golf Club (4m)
- Copt Heath Golf Club (4m)
- North Warwickshire Golf Club (5m)
- Stonebridge Golf Club (5m)